- CA EDM MS-89
The fonds consists of textual records relating to the administration of the Edmonton Horticultural Society and the events of the organization.
This fonds is divided into six series:
- Series 1 - Administrative records: including incorporation documents, insurance, leases and rental agreements, documents related to board activities, minutes of the Board of Directors, annual reports and membership information.
- Series 2 - Financial records: including audits, financial statements and general ledgers, fundraising records, grants and budgets.
- Series 3 - Program and Event records: including those relating to programs such as the annual bench shows, the annual garden competition, the vacant lot gardening program, the monthly speakers' program and others. Of note are the vacant lot rental records.
- Series 4 - Publications: of the society, including histories, newsletters and annual prize lists. Of note is the almost continuous collection of annual bench show prize lists from 1921 to the present.
- Series 5 - Miscellaneous and oversize documents and artifacts: includes guest books, ribbons and posters.
- Series 6 - Other Societies: material related to horticultural organizations, primarily in Alberta, that are linked to the Edmonton Horticultural Society through partnerships, affiliate ties or through common interests. These include the Alberta Horticultural Association, the Edmonton Exhibition Association and various horticultural and gardening organizations around the city.
Edmonton Horticultural Society