- CA EDM MS-42
- 1968 - 1969
The fonds consists of documents relating to the history of the Pollard Brickyard and John Walter logging operation in Walterdale. Also included is a photocopy of a notebook with a handwritten account of the history of the Bedard family and recipes compiled by Firmin Bedard. The photographs are of the Pollard brickyard.
File 1. Documents - Pollard Bros. brick plant and Walterdale area, Edmonton, includes:
- drawing – Layout of Pollard Bros. Brick Plant, Walters Flats, Edmonton, 1914 (2 pages);
- photograph of Pollard Bros. brick plant, pre-1914, with explanatory text (in folio) (EA-113-2);
- summary of Pollard Bros. brick plant and John Walter logging operation, illustrated with small;
- notes re: homes of Muchias (Matthias Collins) and John Walter, Pollard brick yard and original St. Anthony church;
- announcement, programme and poem re: the Walterdale Bunch reunion, July 27, 1968, organized and written by Rosa Pollard;
- letter, from Charles. W. Pollard to Names Advisory Committee, City of Edmonton, recommending use of Pollard name in street and district naming.
File 2. Notebook: Grandfather Firmin Bedard’s family history record. Includes genealogical information of Bedard family (1807-1927), recipes, other notes; in French and English (photocopy).