Showing 12 resultsArchival description
8 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA EDM RG-6-8
- 1977 - 1983, predominant 1977 - 1980
The series consists of engagements, complaints, speeches, correspondence, reports, and records relating to Mayors' conferences and public hearings, blank letterhead, and daily journals detailing the Mayor's meetings. It also includes a photo of the Centennial Mall Fountain (EA-353-12), four photos of a marigold glass dish presented to Queen Elizabeth II during her Commonwealth Games visit (EA-353-1 through EA-353-4).
- CA EDM RG-6
- 1945 - 1997
This fonds consists of minutes, reports, correspondence, speeches, and other records relating to the functions performed by the Mayor of Edmonton that were sent to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Mayor's Office.
An order has been imposed on the material. Files are arranged in alphabetically while material within the files are arranged chronologically. Wherever possible original file titles were retained.
The arrangement includes 11 series, which are as follows:
- Series 1: Harry Ainlay
- Series 2: Sidney Parsons
- Series 3: William Hawrelak
- Series 4: Elmer Roper
- Series 5: Vincent Dantzer
- Series 6: Ivor Dent
- Series 7: Terry Cavanaugh
- Series 8: Cecil Purves
- Series 9: Laurence Decore
- Series 10: Jan Reimer
- Series 11: Bill Smith
Office of the Mayor
- CA EDM RG-6-1
- 1945 - 1949
The series consists of permits issued by the Mayor's Office, speeches, greetings, proclamations, and correspondence.
- File 1: Licenses: Permits issued from the Mayor's Office (December 1945 - May 1949)
- File 2: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (November 1945 - February 1947)
- File 3: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (March - September 1947)
- File 4: Speeches: Speeches, greetings, proclamations (October 1947 -April 1948)
- File 5: Correspondence: greetings, letters of gratitude, correspondence (January -July 1948)
- CA EDM RG-6-6
- 1966 - 1975
The series consists of correspondence, engagements, speeches, brochures, and various reports on subjects ranging from social conditions to infrastructure and economic development in Edmonton.
The series also includes photos of Ivor Dent and Clennell Hagerston “Punch” Dickins (EA-353-5, EA-353-8, EA-353-9, EA-353-10, EA-353-11).
- CA EDM RG-6-9
- 1983 - 1988
The series consists of reports collected by the Mayor's Office during the tenure of Mayor Laurence Decore, as well as 4 photographs of Mayor Laurence Decore's visit to Harbin, China in 1985.
The photos include:
- EA-353-13 -Mayor Laurence Decore's Visit to Harbin, China (November 28-December 8, 1985);
- EA-353-14 -Edmonton Boulevard in Harbin, China (November 28-December 8, 1985);
- EA-353-15 -Edmonton Boulevard in Harbin, China (November 28-December 8, 1985);
- EA-353-16 -Mayor Laurence Decore Signing Twin Cities Agreement with Harbin, China (November 28-December 8, 1985)
- CA EDM RG-6-7
- 1975 - 1978, 1988 - 1989
The series consists of correspondence, meeting minutes, newspaper clippings, speeches, reports relating to Edmonton's economic and social development, and a diary and daily journal of appointments for the Mayor.
The series also includes photos of Terry and June Cavanagh (EA-353-6 and EA-353-7), and a photo album called