Showing 2 results

Archival description
Edward Bell fonds
Print preview View:

1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Bennett School - Temporary Classroom

While a building for Bennett School was under construction on the Gallagher Flats in 1912, students were housed in a 2 story house nearby. However so many turned up, they could not all be accommodated in the temporary location. The school board then made immediate plans to use the upstairs of this home as an additional classroom and supplied the outside stairway entrance to the building. Mr. Ed Bell was the teacher in this classroom. By Easter of 1913, the new Bennett School was ready for occupancy with Ed Bell as the principal.

Edward Bell fonds

  • CA EDM MS-155
  • Fonds
  • 1912, 1963

The fonds consists of Edward Bell’s account of becoming a teacher and then principal of Bennett School, including teaching in the school’s temporary accommodations on the second floor of a house in 1912 while awaiting construction of the school building. The Bennett School moved into their new building on Gallagher flats in the spring of 1913.
The photograph is of the temporary classroom that was used before the Bennett School building was opened.

Bell, Edward