- CA EDM RG-21-2-3-EA-792-1
10128 - 105 Avenue. The A. Macdonald Building is historically significant for the role it played in the history of the storage and cartage of wholesale grocery goods in Edmonton from its beginnings up to the mid-twentieth century. Constructed in 1913-14, it was named for Alexander Macdonald, president of the A. Macdonald Company of Winnipeg, whose Edmonton branch became one of the three largest grocery suppliers in northern Alberta. The A. Macdonald Building has an historical association with four interrelated firms - the A. Macdonald Company, H.H. Cooper and Company, Macdonald-Cooper Ltd. and Macdonald's Consolidated Limited.