Title and statement of responsibility area
Greater Vernon Museum and Archives collection
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of collection.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1918] - 1939 (Creation)
Physical description area
3 cm textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Greater Vernon Museum and Archives is a cultural institution in Vernon, British Columbia. The museum was founded by Charles and Edward Haines, and David Howie Sr., in 1950 and focuses on selected regional, military, and natural history topics. In 1954, a museum board was created. The archives acquires and preserves records of archival and/or informational value which tell the diverse and colourful history of the Okanagan.
Scope and content
The collection consists of records transferred from the Greater Vernon Museum and Archives, as better fitting the mandate of the City of Edmonton Archives.
Sheet music - The Boys of the Great Western Plains, words and music by Pte. W. Watson, 138th Batt., CEF, Edmonton; dedicated to the 49th Canadian CEF Edmonton Alberta Batt'n (Loyal Edmonton Regiment), [ca. 1918].
Postcard - (of Field, BC and Mt. Stephen), addressed to Mrs. Mohr;
Souvenir Programme - Souvenir to Commemorate the Fortieth Year of the Ministry of Rev. D.G. McQueen, 1927 - annotated with Mrs. Mohr, Vernon.
Souvenir Programme - The Visit of Their Most Gracious Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth to the Province of Alberta, Edmonton, 1939.
Immediate source of acquisition
This collection was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Greater Vernon Museum and Archives, via the Provincial Archives of Alberta, in 1987, and by the Greater Vernon Museum and Archives in 1990.
The material was arranged by the archivist in chronological order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
See Scope and content above.
Further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A87-54, A90-60
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms