956 Archival description results for Education
956 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA EDM MS-225
The fonds consists of some records and biographical clippings of Richard Ottewell and the Ottewell family as well as correspondence and records of Jennie (Ottewell) Smith and her husband Bliss Simith.
There are also books in algebra, geometry, mechanics and mechanical drawing from the American School of Correspondence, likely used by Bliss Smith for correspondence courses as well as a garden seed and nursery catalogue:
The photographs are of Richard and Fanny Ottewell and their children, including Richard and Fanny Ottewell on their 50th wedding anniversary (1927), as well as the Clover Bar School.
Smith, Jennie Ottewell
- CA EDM MS-439
- [ca. 1882]-1961
The fonds consists of textual and photographic records of some of the Magee family members, mostly those who settled in Alberta, and predominantly Hannah Magee.
The records have been arranged into the following series:
Series 1: Sophia Jamieson Magee
Series 2: Jenny Magee
Series 3: William Magee
Series 4: Mary Magee
Series 5: James Magee
Series 6: Hannah Magee
Series 7: Henrietta Magee Haigler
- CA EDM MS-227
- 1889 - 1890
The fonds consists of hand written pages of the school newspaper, 'The Star', vol. 1, nos. 1 and 2 and vol. 2, no. 1.
Belmont School District No. 23
- CA EDM MS-37
- 1899 - 1902, 1972
The fonds consists of programs and brochures relating to the opening of Grace Martin School, as well as a biographical sketch of Grace Martin McEachern.
The photographs include the Martin farm where Grace grew up, Strathcona teachers including David McEachern and the Strathcona fire brigade.
McEachern, Grace Martin
- CA EDM MS-815
- 1904, 1906
The collection consists of two group portrait photographs of students and teachers at the Edmonton High School. The school was located on 108th Avenue between 101 and 104 Streets and later became known as Victoria High School.
One photo is of the Executive of the High School Literary Society which was a school club interested in literature and debating and also published a newsletter, The High School Topics.
Robert H. Johnston is in both photographs.
Johnston, Robert H.
- CA EDM MS-70
- 1911 - 1974
This fonds consists of correspondence, brochures and pamphlets relating to James Finlay Falconer’s civic activities and historic events in early Edmonton and Alberta.
Falconer, James Finlay
- CA EDM MS-173
- 1913 - 1963
The fonds consists of 19 Annual Reports of the Edmonton Separate School Board for the years 1913, 1918, 1924, 1945-59, 1961-1963.
Edmonton Separate School Board
- CA EDM MS-747
- 1918 - 1942
The fonds consists of records for various members of the Joseph Boulanger family.
File 1: Dr. Joseph Boulanger
- a letter confirming post-graduate work by Joseph Boulanger in 1919 at The Society of the Lying-In Hospital, New York NY, April 5, 1937
- business cards - Dr. Joseph Boulanger, Edmonton, Alberta - annotated on back; P.J.F. Thiel, Archivista, Roma; Dr. Charles Puybaret, Brive
File 2: Valerie Phaneuf Boulanger
- a lithographic print of a poem, ‘The Unknown Warrior’, by Valerie Phaneuf-Boulanger, 1922, possibly printed in The Western Warrior.
File 3: Dr. Jean-Baptiste Boulanger
- letterhead of Le Petit Jour : Journal de la Jeunesse, published by Jean-Baptiste Boulanger, ca. 1936, (4 pages, blank);
- programme, souvenir card and news clippings re: award of medaille de vermeil to Jean-Baptiste Boulanger, awarded December 1935, presented 1936;
- letter, from Jean Iltis [?] in France, requesting assistance in finding a Canadian pen pal, 1939.
The photographs reflect Dr. Joseph Boulanger’s medical career and Jean-Baptiste Boulanger’s scholastic achievements.