Title and statement of responsibility area
Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material - photograph
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
CA EDM MS-491
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1920 - 2002 (Creation)
- Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
Physical description area
11 m of textual records. - 322 photographs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) is a coalition of community leagues joined for the purpose of promoting volunteerism, community involvement, and the creation and development of new community leagues. While the first community leagues were established in the 1910’s, the EFCL was founded in 1921 in order to present a stronger political voice to the Edmonton City Council. The EFCL also advocates for the interests of community leagues involved in issues that encompass all of Edmonton.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of the records of the EFCL and is arranged in the following series:
- Series 1 - Administration. This series consists of the operating records of the EFCL offices including minutes, agendas, financial information, correspondence, reports, contracts, and fundraising from 1922 to 2005 with most of the records dating from 1970 to 1980.
- Series 2 - Community Leagues. This series contains records collected by the EFCL regarding their constituent community leagues. The records collected from each community league differ but generally include leases, membership information, and correspondence. The records in this series are predominantly from the period between 1965 to 1980.
- Series 3 - Committees. This series consists of the files from the committees the EFCL either led or was a part of from 1971 to 1999. Other material has been added where the EFCL gathered the files for information purposes.
- Series 4 - Programs. This series collects programs, events, and awards ceremonies held by the EFCL from 1920 to 1999 with a majority of the records originating from between 1970 to 1990.
- Series 5 - Legal. This series collects documents pertaining to legal matters the EFCL was directly involved in as a litigant or on the behalf of the communities involved in the case. Most material pertains to the Rossdale Unit 11 case or to Inland Cement’s change in fuel types.
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues in Leagues in six donations between 1985 and 2009.
The material was arranged according to the filing system of the creator.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some files are restricted due to protection of privacy. See Series 5.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
Finding aid available online.
In this repository, see also:
Community Development fonds (RG-21)
Further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A85-76, A96-22, A2001-87, A2002-57, A2003-81, A2009-85
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
City of Edmonton Archives
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms