Arquivo MS-1071 - Edmonton Bulletin fonds

Baseball game between Buffaloes and Cubs at Renfrew Park: (L-R) Dann (Buffaloes centre-fielder), ... Football resolution to bring Grey Cup to Edmonton. Curling winners. To receive at the Navy Ball for New Year's - Mrs. L. Hoar. New Year's wishes at annual levee in Legislature Building. New Year's wishes at annual levee in Legislature Building. Baseball game between Buffaloes and Cubs at Renfrew Park: (L-R) Dann (Buffaloes centre-fielder), ... Fireman jumping into net. Bonnie Doon Skating Rink opening. Circulation drive: fist holding money.
Resultados 1 a 10 de 11889 Mostrar tudo

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Edmonton Bulletin fonds

Designação geral do material

  • Graphic material - photograph

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

  • Fonte do título próprio: Title based on contents of fonds.

Nível de descrição

Arquivo

Entidade detentora

Código de referência

CA EDM MS-1071

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1911, 1947-1951 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Edmonton Bulletin

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

13,176 photographs

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

(1880-1951)

História administrativa

The ‘Edmonton Bulletin’ was the first newspaper published in Alberta. It originally appeared as ‘The Bulletin’ on December 6, 1880, and its owners were Alexander Taylor and Frank Oliver. It first appeared as a weekly but changed to twice weekly in May 1892. The name was changed to ‘Edmonton Bulletin’ in 1881.
Alexander Dunlop took over from Taylor that same year, and Frank Oliver became sole owner in 1884. Oliver's company, Bulletin Publishing Co., was publisher from 1898 to 1923. An evening daily was published as the "Daily Edmonton Bulletin" from January 3, 1903 to January 16, 1906, and as the "Edmonton Daily Bulletin" from January 17, 1906 to January 30, 1923. A morning daily was published as the "Edmonton Daily Bulletin" from May 2, 1910 to November 8, 1915, and the "Morning Bulletin" from November 9, 1913 to January 28, 1924.
Oliver sold his interest in the Bulletin Publishing Company and the company was reorganized under George B. O'Connor as the Edmonton Bulletin Ltd. on January 1924. The name was changed to Edmonton Publishing Ltd. in December 1924. The "Edmonton Bulletin" was published as a morning and evening daily from January 29, 1924 to June 19, 1925. After suspension of printing due to a labour dispute which ended December 3, 1925, the paper became an evening paper only.
In October 1925 it was sold to Charles E. Campbell and published by Alberta Free Press Ltd. In January 1948 it was sold to the Edmonton Bulletin Ltd., directed by G. Max Bell and published and edited by Hal Straight. Eric Bland was hired as staff photographer ca. 1947. Previously the paper's photographs had been taken by commercial photographers. The paper ceased publication on January 20, 1951.

História custodial

This fonds was originally a gift of Bulletin Printers Ltd. and Max Bell to the Glenbow Archives in 1956. In 1996, the City of Edmonton Archives traded three fonds with the Glenbow to receive the Bulletin fonds.

Âmbito e conteúdo

The fonds consists of photos taken by Eric Bland for the Edmonton Bulletin in the last five years of the Bulletin’s existence (April 1947-January 1951) (EA-600). The photos include Edmonton personalities, accidents, events, clubs and societies, buildings (including churches, schools and hospitals), commerce, industry, transportation and military.
The fonds also includes images used in the publication 'Edmonton Bulletin Special Edition 1911' (EB-26). This publication gave a history of Edmonton to that point. The photographs include people, houses, buildings businesses, street scenes, bridges and transportation.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Glenbow Archives in 1996.

Organização

The photographs were arranged according to the filing system of the creator and assigned item numbers with the prefix EA-600 and EB-26.

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

There are no restrictions on access.

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.

Instrumentos de descrição

See Scope and content above.

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

No further accruals are expected.

Nota geral

Accession numbers: A96-216

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

Identificador da instituição

City of Edmonton Archives

Regras ou convenções

Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms

Estatuto

Final

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Idioma da descrição

Script da descrição

Fontes

Zona da incorporação

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados

Depósito físico

  • Caixa: North B
  • Prateleira: Library