Archief MS-1071 - Edmonton Bulletin fonds

Baseball game between Buffaloes and Cubs at Renfrew Park: (L-R) Dann (Buffaloes centre-fielder), ... Football resolution to bring Grey Cup to Edmonton. Curling winners. To receive at the Navy Ball for New Year's - Mrs. L. Hoar. New Year's wishes at annual levee in Legislature Building. New Year's wishes at annual levee in Legislature Building. Baseball game between Buffaloes and Cubs at Renfrew Park: (L-R) Dann (Buffaloes centre-fielder), ... Fireman jumping into net. Bonnie Doon Skating Rink opening. Circulation drive: fist holding money.
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 11889 Show all

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Edmonton Bulletin fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Graphic material - photograph

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA EDM MS-1071

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1911, 1947-1951 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Edmonton Bulletin

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

13,176 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1880-1951)

Institutionele geschiedenis

The ‘Edmonton Bulletin’ was the first newspaper published in Alberta. It originally appeared as ‘The Bulletin’ on December 6, 1880, and its owners were Alexander Taylor and Frank Oliver. It first appeared as a weekly but changed to twice weekly in May 1892. The name was changed to ‘Edmonton Bulletin’ in 1881.
Alexander Dunlop took over from Taylor that same year, and Frank Oliver became sole owner in 1884. Oliver's company, Bulletin Publishing Co., was publisher from 1898 to 1923. An evening daily was published as the "Daily Edmonton Bulletin" from January 3, 1903 to January 16, 1906, and as the "Edmonton Daily Bulletin" from January 17, 1906 to January 30, 1923. A morning daily was published as the "Edmonton Daily Bulletin" from May 2, 1910 to November 8, 1915, and the "Morning Bulletin" from November 9, 1913 to January 28, 1924.
Oliver sold his interest in the Bulletin Publishing Company and the company was reorganized under George B. O'Connor as the Edmonton Bulletin Ltd. on January 1924. The name was changed to Edmonton Publishing Ltd. in December 1924. The "Edmonton Bulletin" was published as a morning and evening daily from January 29, 1924 to June 19, 1925. After suspension of printing due to a labour dispute which ended December 3, 1925, the paper became an evening paper only.
In October 1925 it was sold to Charles E. Campbell and published by Alberta Free Press Ltd. In January 1948 it was sold to the Edmonton Bulletin Ltd., directed by G. Max Bell and published and edited by Hal Straight. Eric Bland was hired as staff photographer ca. 1947. Previously the paper's photographs had been taken by commercial photographers. The paper ceased publication on January 20, 1951.

Geschiedenis beheer

This fonds was originally a gift of Bulletin Printers Ltd. and Max Bell to the Glenbow Archives in 1956. In 1996, the City of Edmonton Archives traded three fonds with the Glenbow to receive the Bulletin fonds.

Bereik en inhoud

The fonds consists of photos taken by Eric Bland for the Edmonton Bulletin in the last five years of the Bulletin’s existence (April 1947-January 1951) (EA-600). The photos include Edmonton personalities, accidents, events, clubs and societies, buildings (including churches, schools and hospitals), commerce, industry, transportation and military.
The fonds also includes images used in the publication 'Edmonton Bulletin Special Edition 1911' (EB-26). This publication gave a history of Edmonton to that point. The photographs include people, houses, buildings businesses, street scenes, bridges and transportation.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by the Glenbow Archives in 1996.

Ordening

The photographs were arranged according to the filing system of the creator and assigned item numbers with the prefix EA-600 and EB-26.

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.

Toegangen

See Scope and content above.

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

No further accruals are expected.

Algemene aantekening

Accession numbers: A96-216

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

City of Edmonton Archives

Regels of conventies

Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms

Status

Finale

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik