Title and statement of responsibility area
Donald S. McKay fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material - artwork
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1894, 1921 (Creation)
- McKay, Donald S.
Physical description area
1 cm of textual records. - 1 sketch
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Donald S. McKay was born on the Isle of Isla, off the Scottish coast, on November 2, 1840. He immigrated with his family to Canada West, ca. 1846, settling at Owen Sound. Donald McKay initially went into business in Lindsay Ontario, but moved to Winnipeg in 1871 and then to Edmonton NWT in 1881. He subsequently farmed in the Belmont district and Spruce Grove AB. Donald McKay died 10 Nov 1930.
William A. Dandereau is the grandson of Donald S. McKay.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of:
- draft motion of the Belmont School District no. 23 re: location of school, n.d.;
- a draft letter of commendation to an unnamed music teacher, signed by Elizabeth Mitchell (on reverse of previous item, includes notations and date, April 4, 1894);
- tax receipt, Municipal District of Spruce Grove no. 519 to D.S. McKay, November 19, 1921.
- charcoal sketch of Donald S. McKay (EAA-49-1)
- Fenian Raid Medal awarded to Donald S. McKay (Artifact Centre 1972-26-2)
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by William A. Dandereau in 1972.
The sketch was assigned item numbers with the prefix EA4-49.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
See Scope and content above.
Further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A72-32
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms