Title and statement of responsibility area
City of Edmonton records
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material - photograph
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1967 - 1981, predominant 1974 - 1978 (Creation)
Physical description area
3.5 m of textual records. - 851 photos
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
This series consists of correspondence, minutes of meetings, reports, studies, agreements, and assorted material relating to the involvement of different civic departments in the preparation for the 1978 Commonwealth Games.
This series has been divided into the following subseries:
- Subseries 1: Administration records (1971-1978)
- Subseries 2: Background Material records (1967-1975)
- Subseries 3: City '78 records (1971-1978)
- Subseries 4: XI Commonwealth Games Canada (1978) Foundation records (1972-1978)
- Subseries 5: Consultants' records (1973-1977)
- Subseries 6: Equipment records (1975-1978)
- Subseries 7: Financial records (1974-1978)
- Subseries 8: Management Advisory Committee records (1974-1978)
- Subseries 9: Pre-Games Events records (1976-1978)
- Subseries 10: Protocol records (1978)
- Subseries 11: Related Events records (1972-1977)
- Subseries 12: Studies (1971-1975)
- Subseries 13: Venues records (1973-1981)
Immediate source of acquisition
This material was donated to the City Artifacts Centre in 1979 by the Commonwealth Games Foundation, and then transferred to the City of Edmonton Archives in 1985. The books of photographs were transferred in 1985 by Corporate Communications.
The photographs were assigned item numbers with the prefix EB-30.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
File list available online.
Photographs have been described at the item level and are available in the Reference Room.
No further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A85-37, A85-55
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms