Title and statement of responsibility area
Barbara Stewart fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1970] - 1980 (Creation)
- Stewart, Barbara
Physical description area
6 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Barbara Stewart lived in Edmonton AB on Summit Dr, above MacKinnon Ravine, during the period of controversy concerning the proposed development of a high-density roadway through the ravine. She was involved in resistance to the proposal and may have become involved with the Urban Reform Group Edmonton (URGE) because of its opposition to unrestricted use of the river valley as transportation routes. She was Membership Secretary of URGE, with Mari Johnston, in 1978.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of reports, news clippings, correspondence relating to the MacKinnon Ravine roadway proposal and membership lists, agendas and minutes and other records of the Urban Reform Group Edmonton (URGE).
- File 1: MacKinnon Ravine ([ca.1970]-1978). Includes: notes; mailing list; map of freeway proposals, ca. 1970; correspondence & news clippings; Report - West End Traffic Delay Time Study, ; Report - Transportation Planning Branch, travel time standards, July 17, 1975; C.O.G. Transportation Subcommittee minutes November 25, 1975; January 12, February 2, 1976; Citizen participation report, September 28, 1977; Keillor Road news clipping and letter
- File 2: MacKinnon Ravine and the 1977 Edmonton municipal election (1975-1980). . Includes news clippings, annotations re: MacKinnon Ravine on newspaper section, candidates stands on basic issues.
- File 3: URGE records (1974-1978). Includes: executive mailing list, Alliance of neighbourhood groups mailing list; news clippings; agenda and minutes, 1978; letter, June 21, 1974; financial statement, Jan. - Nov. 1974; candidate list, 1974; notices & press releases.
- File 4: URGE newsletters (1974-1977)
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by Barbara Stewart in 2000.
The material was arranged by archivist by creator and then in chronological order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
Finding aid available online.
No further accruals are expected.
Accession number: A2000-96
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms