Title and statement of responsibility area
APEGGA Women's Club fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Edmonton Engineers' Wives Club fonds,* Professional Engineers' Wives Club, Edmonton, Alberta fonds
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1949-2009, predominant 1954-2009 (Creation)
- APEGGA Women's Club
Physical description area
1 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The APEGGA [Alberta Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists Association] Women's Club, also known as the Ladies Auxilliary E.I.C [Engineers' Institute of Canada], Engineers' Wives Association of Edmonton, Engineers' Wives Club, E.IC. and A.P.E.A. [Alberta Professional Engineers' Association], Engineers' Wives Club and Professional Engineers Wives' Club during its existence, was organized in September 1949. It was a social group, designed to acquaint wives of Edmonton engineers with each other. It organized social activities, interest groups and special events. It was renamed the APEGGA Women's Club in 1993 and was disbanded in 2009 at its 60th anniversary.
Mrs. L. Pedrick, Mary Gerritson and Betty Cuyler were officers of the club. The records were not well identified at the time of deposit. On examination they were determined to be records kept by successive holders of various executive officers in the Club.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of correspondence and reports relating to the organization of the club, records of officers of the club including the President (1988-2009), First Vice-President/Vice-president (1987-2009), Second Vice-president (1954-1999), Treasurer (1963-2009), Recording Secretary/Secretary (1959-2009), Corresponding Secretary/Newsletter Chairperson (1979-2009), Membership Chairperson (1958-2009), Groups Chairperson (1966-1996), Social Convenor (1975-2009). It also includes records of the Ladies' Afternoon Bridge Club Convenor (1982-2008), Mixed Bridge Club Convenor (1972, 1980-1992), Photography Convenor (1977-1999) and The Painter Group Convenor (n.d.).
There are also photographs of executive members and events and a PowerPoint presentation of Club's history, 2009.
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by Mrs. L. Pedrick, Mary Gerritson and Betty Cuyler in nine donations between 1974 and 2009.
The material was arranged by the archivist by type of record and then in chronological order.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright may apply.
Reproduction restrictions may apply.
Finding aid available online.
Further accruals are expected.
Accession numbers: A74-11, A2001-48, A2002-42, A2003-106, A2004-85, A2005-120, A2006-25, A2007-76, A2009-99
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Archives Society of Alberta Subject Terms
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description
Script of description
Digital object metadata