- Pessoa coletiva
- 1885 - n.d.
W. Johnstone Walker came to Edmonton in 1886 after trying his hand at farming in Africa. He entered the mercantile business, bringing most of his goods from England and called his store the Manchester House. His business prospered, expanded several times and became a prominent part of the Jasper Avenue commercial scene. After the retirement of the founder the business was incorporated as a company in 1905 under the chairmanship of James Graham Walker, his son. The last of the company's stores closed in 1983. Allan L. Hamilton was store supervisor for the period involved.